· Hospital in patient care – the palliative care team co-manages patients with the primary consultants/doctors. If required, arrangements could be made for patients to be admitted in hospitals within Ibadan as dictated by theclinical condition.
· Home based care – The palliative care team (doctor and nurse at least) visits patient at home for initial assessment and follow up as required. Communication with patients and carers are also maintained through telephone calls and text messages. Services provided include
- Information sharing/education of patients and carers on their medical issues.
- Review and adjustment of medications
- Continuous counselling of patient and carers.
- Wound dressing.
- Other services as required e.g. Physiotherapy, live-in carer, respite care, chaperon during hospital visits
Children Palliative Care Forum – CPCN inaugrated the first peadiatric (Children) day care palliative centre in Nigeria on 22nd July, 2010. This forum with CPCN support provides interactive, play and learning sessions for the children